ACQUISITION AND USE OF TRACK GEOMETRY DATA IN MAINTENANCE-OF-WAY PLANNING
The report describes data acquisition by the FRA Measurement Cars and subsequent use of the collected track geometry data by the Bessemer and Lake Erie (B and LE) and the Denver and Rio Grande Western (D and RGW) Railroads. These two railroads, in conjunction with ENSCO, Inc., have prepared the report for the Federal Railroad Administration. The major emphasis of the report is placed on use of the track geometry data by B and LE and D and RGW for immediate maintenance and maintenance planning. Also provided are descriptions of data processing reports, system and measurement repeatability data, and the Track Geometry Measurement System onboard the FRA Measurement Cars.
- Record URL:
- The information herein is intended for use by maintenance- of-way personnel who are concerned with the utilization of track geometry data collected by track measurement cars and by management personnel who are involved in maintenance planning. This report was sponsored by the Federal Railroad Administration.
Ensco, Incorporated5400 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA United States 22151
Washington, DC United States 20590
Bessemer and Lake Erie Railroad4 Gateway Center, P.O. Box 536
Pittsburgh, PA United States 15230
Denver and Rio Grande Western RailroadP.O. Box 5482
Denver, CO United States 80217
- Bradley, K
- PRICE, B
- Woll, T
- Burnes, R
- Gerber, R
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 130 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Information processing; Inspection; Instrumentation; Maintenance; Maintenance management; Maintenance of way; Measurement; Measuring instruments; Railroad tracks; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track geometry
- Old TRIS Terms: Track inspection
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00091294
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-ORD&D-75-27 Tech Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-20032
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 26 1976 12:00AM