TRUCK NOISE V-A NOISE REDUCTION TESTS AND DEVELOPMENT PERFORMED ON THE WHITE MOTOR CORP. QUIETED TRUCK
The individual noise sources of a White Model RC 64T Cab-Over-Engine truck tractor powered by a Cummins NTC-270CT Custom torque diesel engine were isolated and identified during the program described in this report. Practical modifications were demonstrated to reduce vehicle pass-by noise from 86 dB(A) successively to 79 dB(A), and then to 76 dB(A) in two stages. The modifications included quieting of major noise sources, changes in noise control devices, and in the second stage, added underpan and rear engine enclosure components. Analysis of the expected additional new vehicle costs to achieve these two configurations were made and are presented.
- See also PB-241 114.
White Motor CorporationAdvanced Products Division
Farmington, MI USA 48024
Office of Noise Abatement400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- WILLIAMS, G
- Givens, R L
- Saari, F
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 378 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Costs; Diesel engines; Engines; Mufflers; Noise; Noise control; Passing; Traffic noise; Truck tractors; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Enclosures; Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Engine noise; Truck noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Finance; Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00091293
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: F-122 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-20221
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM