COMMUNITY NOISE EXPOSURE RESULTING FROM AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS: COMPUTER PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
This report describes a computer program to calculate community noise exposure as determined by the Noise Exposure Forecast (NEF) methodology. Studies by the United States Environmental Protection Agency have meanwhile led to the specification of another community noise exposure measure: the Day/Night Average Level (DNL). Since the two types of descriptors are essentially similar, the computer program may be adapted to this new unit when the need arises without the need to redevelop the computational algorithms.
Bolt, Beranek and Newman, Incorporated21120 Vanowen Street
Canoga Park, CA United States 91303
Aerospace Medical Research LaboratoryWright-Patterson Air Force Base
Dayton, OH United States 45433
- HORONJEFF, R D
- Kandukuri, R R
- Reddingius, N H
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 118 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft noise; Airports; City planning; Computer programming; Computer programs; Daily; Environment; Flight paths; Forecasting; Health hazards; Land use; Noise; Specifications; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft engines
- Old TRIS Terms: Day night levels; Noise exposure; Noise exposure forecast
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00091197
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BBN-2585 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: F33615-73-C-4160
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM