A REVIEW OF THE PROJECT INDEPENDENCE REPORT SUBMITTED TO OFFICE OF ENERGY RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT, NATIONAL SCIENCE FOUNDATION, JANUARY 10, 1975
This report reviews and evaluates the Project Independence Report (PIR) issued in November 1974 by the Federal Energy Administration. The review includes comments on the PIR as a whole, and also provides detailed critiques of the various topics, strategies, and scenarios as they are discussed by the PIR, including energy and fuel supplies, conservation and demand management, environmental assessment, economic and social impacts, international assessment, and the analytical approach. Special attention is given to the policy implications of the PIR strategies.
Battelle Columbus Laboratories505 King Avenue
Columbus, OH USA 43201
National Science FoundationOffice of Energy Research and Development Policy
Washington, DC USA 20550
- Globe, S
- Craig, R A
- Publication Date: 1975-1-10
- Pagination: 183 p.
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Coal; Commercial buildings; Crude oil; Dwellings; Electric utilities; Electricity; Electrolytic cells; Energy; Energy consumption; Exploration; Federal government; Food industry; Geothermal resources; Industries; Natural gas; Nuclear energy; Petroleum refineries; Planning; Plastics; Policy; Reviews; Shale oil; Socioeconomic factors; Solar energy; Solar power generation; Steel plants; Transportation
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Future policies; Government policies; Manufactured gas; Plastics industry; Refineries
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Energy; Geotechnology; Materials; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00091167
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NSF-C-914
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM