IMPACT OF FUTURE USE OF ELECTRIC CARS IN THE LOS ANGELES REGION: VOLUME II. TASK REPORTS ON ELECTRIC CAR CHARACTERIZATION AND BASELINE PROJECTIONS
Volume 2 of a three volume report projects future characteristics of electric cars and of the Los Angeles region in which they would be used. It postulates electric vehicle performance requirements, projects area population by county and age group, studies Los Angeles freeway and transit networks for auto usage, and fuel consumption, forecasts employment and income for the South Coast Air Basin, and the payroll of businesses involved in production, distribution, and maintenance of automobiles and parts, and notes the energy available for electric car recharging and its basic sources.
- Paper copy also available in set of 3 reports as PB-238 876-SET, PC$24.00.
General Research CorporationOperations Analysis Division, Westgate Research Park
McLean, VA United States 22101
Environmental Protection AgencyAlternative Automotive Power Systems Division
Ann Arbor, MI United States
- Hamilton, W F
- Eisenhut, J C
- Houser, G M
- Sjovold, A R
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 331 p.
- TRT Terms: Battery chargers; Economic impacts; Electric automobiles; Energy; Energy conservation; Estimates; Forecasting; Highways; Innovation; Labor market; Networks; Population; Quality of work; Transportation; Urban transportation; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Employment forecasting; Transportation networks
- Geographic Terms: California
- Old TRIS Terms: Future concepts; Income projections; Population estimates; Vehicle modification
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00091163
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-01-2103
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1982 12:00AM