ENVIRONMENTAL CONSIDERATIONS IN FUTURE ENERGY GROWTH
The environmental factors associated with alternative fuel/energy cycles were analyzed to provide a basis for making explicit judgments regarding economics and environmental trade-offs. A compilation of effluent data was developed for those energy sources considered commercially viable in the 1975 to 1990 time period. A methodology was developed for organizing the compiled effluent data, for evaluating the combined effects of extraction, transportation, processing, and use of fuels to produce energy, and for ranking the fuel/energy systems environmentally. The data bank and computer program for the ranking procedure are extant. The computerized methodology enables an energy system evaluator to test preferred weighting factors readily.
Battelle Columbus Laboratories505 King Avenue
Columbus, OH USA 43201
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Research and Development
Cincinnati, OH USA 45268
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory3180 George Washington Way
Richland, WA USA 99354
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Pagination: 619 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Coal; Coal gasification; Coal liquefaction; Coal mining; Crude oil; Desulfurization; Drilling; Economic development; Economic factors; Electric power generation; Electric power transmission; Energy; Energy conversion; Energy resources; Environmental impacts; Exploration; Fuels; Gas industry; Liquefied natural gas; Materials management; Naphtha; Natural gas; Nuclear power plants; Oil shales; Petroleum refining; Pollution; Production; Ranking (Statistics); Transportation; Urban growth
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data
- Old TRIS Terms: Fuel sources; Gas storage; Ranking
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Energy; Geotechnology; Materials; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00091160
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-01-0470
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM