TRAFFIC SURVEY SYSTEM: PATENT APPLICATION
A traffic survey system is described in which an aerial photo survey transparency is first made of a significant survey area. The transparency is then optically scanned to check the position and size of vehicles on roadways in the area. By computer control comparison with a reference transparency wherein areas other than roadways are made opaque and roadways are made clear, scanning is directed solely to roadway regions. Vehicle size analysis is accomplished by means of discrete holographic filters corresponding to selected size vehicles.
- Government-owned invention available for licensing. Copy of application available NTIS.
Marshall Space Flight CenterNational Aeronautics and Space Administration
Huntsville, AL USA 35812
- Kerr, J H
- Publication Date: 1972-12-11
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerial photography; Automatic control; Highways; Holography; Inventions; Location; Optical scanners; Patent applications; Position fixing; Size; Traffic control; Traffic surveys; Vehicles
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00091153
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-531572
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM