BIBLIOGRAPHY ON THE PLANNING ASPECTS OF AIR POLLUTION CONTROL. SUMMARY AND EVALUATION
An examination is made of the literature covering planning principles in terms of their applicability to air pollution control. Subject matter is broken down into six major subheadings: Elementary microclimatological considerations in city planning; relationship of air pollution to the 'image' of the city; effects of 'green areas' in air pollution control; relationship of transportation to air pollution; relationship of air pollution control to development patterns; and regulation of pollution through performance standards and densities of population, industry, and traffic. Portions of this document are not fully legible.
Northeastern Illinois Planning Commission400 West Madison Street
Chicago, IL United States 60606
- Pelle, WJJ
- Publication Date: 1964-12-18
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Air quality management; City planning; Correlation analysis; Labor relations; Population; Population density; Public opinion; Reviews; Standards; Traffic; Urban areas; Urban development; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00091122
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM