SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, SECTION G002, ADDISON ROUTE
Results are summarized of six supplementary borings made along the line of Section G002 of Addison Route, of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro system, generally on East Capital Street between its intersection with Benning Road and a point just east of the District of Columbia boundary. The investigation was made to determine additional details of subsurface conditions at the planned earth tunnels, the ancillary structures and for Capital Heights Station at the east end of G002. The report contains a continuous geological section along the centerline of outbound track, logs of the supplementary borings, results of laboratory tests on soil samples obtained and conclusions regarding anticipated design and construction problems.
- Prepared in cooperation with De Leuw, Cather and Co., Inc., Washington, D.C.
Mueser, Rutledge, Wentworth & JohnstonNew York, NY USA
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority950 l'Enfant Plaza, SW
Washington, DC USA 20006
De Leuw, Cather and Company1201 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1974-12-6
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; City planning; Construction; Excavation and tunneling; Foundations; Geological surveying; Physical properties; Public transit; Rock mechanics; Rocks; Routes; Soil mechanics; Subways; Underground structures; Urban transportation
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Rock properties; Subsurface explorations; Subway construction; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Geotechnology; Highways; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00091121
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-74-119, No. 20
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM