SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, SECTION A011, ROCKVILLE ROUTE
Results are summarized of 59 deep borings made at the locations of running tunnels, two subway stations in rock and various ancillary structures in Section A011 of Rockville Route of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro system, generally following Wisconsin Avenue between Elm Street and the Capital Beltway in Maryland northwest of the District of Columbia. The investigations include photography in a selected group of borings, special laboratory tests of rock drillability and direct shear characteristics of joint planes in addition to the usual unconfined compression and in-situ water pressure testing of the rock. The report includes a continuous geological section along the line of the running tunnels through the test borings, logs of these borings, results of laboratory tests on soil samples and on rock cores and summaries of the special rock investigations performed by others.
- Prepared in cooperation with De Leuw, Cather and Co., Washington, D.C.
Mueser, Rutledge, Wentworth & JohnstonNew York, NY USA
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority950 l'Enfant Plaza, SW
Washington, DC USA 20006
De Leuw, Cather and Company1201 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1974-12-30
- Pagination: 218 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; Construction; Geological surveying; Physical properties; Public transit; Rock mechanics; Rocks; Routes; Soil mechanics; Subways; Urban transportation
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Geographic Terms: Maryland
- Old TRIS Terms: Rock properties; Subsurface explorations; Subway construction; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Construction; Geotechnology; Highways; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00091120
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-74-117, No. 18
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM