THE MINIMAX TRANSPORTATION PROBLEM
This note demonstrates a simple solution method for the following single-commodity flow problem: Given a set of origins each with a known supply, and a set of destinations each with a known demand, find the minimum possible capacity for a vehicle which is to perform all the origin-to-destination transfers one at a time.
- Published in Transportation Science, November, 1968. V2 N4, pp 383-387.
National Bureau of StandardsGaithersburg, MD United States
- Goldman, A J
- Publication Date: 1968-11
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Commodity flow; Mathematical models; Methodology; Network analysis (Planning); Origin and destination; Programming (Mathematics); Transportation; Transportation planning; Vehicle capacity
- Uncontrolled Terms: Network flows; Transportation models
- Old TRIS Terms: Minimax technique; Minimax techniques; Operating strategies
- Subject Areas: Economics; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00091081
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM