DATA ACCESS DESCRIPTIONS: TRANSPORTATION STATISTICS AVAILABLE FROM THE BUREAU OF THE CENSUS
The report provides users of Census Bureau data with a comprehensive review of the publication program for the 1972 Census of Transportation and an overview of other statistics producted by the Transportation Division, Bureau of the Census. The three components of the 1972 Census of Transportation--the National Travel Survey, the Truck Inventory and Use Survey, and the Commodity Transportation Survey--are discussed separately. The following information is provided for each of the three transportation census surveys: Scope of the survey, users, historical background, definitions, sample limitations or design, description of printed reports, examples of table outlines, geographic areas covered by the publication program, public use computer tapes, record content of tapes, and availability of the survey results.
- Paper copy available from Social and Economic Statistics Administration, Washington, D.C. 20233. $5.50/year, (with Small-Area Data Notes), $0.50/copy.
Bureau of the Census14th Between E Street and Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20231
- Jackson, E M
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Census; Commodities; Documents; Freight transportation; Industries; Motor carriers; Statistics; Supply; Transportation; Travel; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Availability; Data; Documentation
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Commodity statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Operations and Traffic Management; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00091079
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DAD-34 Report
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM