ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS, EFFICIENCY, AND COST OF ENERGY SUPPLY AND END USE. VOLUME 1
This report presents tabular, footnoted, and referenced data quantifying the broad range of energy-related environmental impacts on land, water, air, solid waste, and occupational health. Using the data bank, it is possible to aggregate the environmental impacts of a wide variety of fossil fuel 'trajectories' traced from the end use of a fuel to its extraction or vice versa. This makes it possible to estimate environmental impacts for any number of scenarios related to energy consumption patterns envisioned for the next 10 to 20 years. Thirty environmental impact tables are contained in this report. Twelve of these are devoted to coal supply, twelve to oil supply, one to natural gas supply, four to energy end uses, and one to the electric power plant activity of energy supply. Each entry in these tables is footnoted and referenced.
- Prepared in cooperation with the Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, D.C.
Hittman Associates, Incorporated9190 Red Branch Road
Columbia, MD United States 21043
National Science Foundation1800 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20550
University of California, Los AngelesSchool of Architecture and Urban Planning
Los Angeles, CA United States 90024
Council on Environmental Quality722 Jackson Place, NW
Washington, DC United States 20006
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 383 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Chemical analysis; Coal; Crude oil; Demand; Electric power generation; Electric power plants; Electric power supply; Energy consumption; Environmental impacts; Fuel consumption; Handling and storage; Health; Industrial plants; Marketing; Natural gas; Petroleum products; Pollution; Pollution control; Resource extraction; Solid waste disposal; Storage facilities; Transportation; Water pollution
- Uncontrolled Terms: Extraction (Chemistry)
- Old TRIS Terms: Distributing; Electric power demand; Processing
- Subject Areas: Energy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00091070
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: HIT-593 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EQC-308t
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM