DEVELOPMENT DOCUMENT FOR EFFLUENT LIMITATIONS GUIDELINES AND NEW SOURCE PERFORMANCE STANDARDS FOR THE FLAT GLASS SEGMENT OF THE GLASS MANUFACTURING POINT SOURCE CATEGORY
This document presents the findings of an extensive study of the flat glass manufacturing industry for the purpose of developing effluent limitations guidelines. Federal standards of performance, and pretreatment standards for the industry, to implement Sections 304, 306, and 307 of the 'Act.' Effluent limitations guidelines contained herein set forth the degree of effluent reduction attainable through the application of the best practicable control technology currently available and the degree of effluent reduction attainable through the application of the best available technology economically achievable which must be achieved by existing point sources by July 1, 1977 and July 1, 1983, respectively. The development of data and recommendations in the document relate to the flat glass manufacturing and automotive glass fabricating segments of the glass manufacturing industry. Separate effluent limitations were developed on the basis of the level of raw waste load as well as on the degree of treatment achievable by suggested model systems. These systems include, coagulation, sedimentation, filtration and certain in-plant modifications. Supportive data and rationale for development of the proposed effluent limitations guidelines and standards of performance are contained. Costs, wastes, manufacturing processes, and control techniques are covered.
University of California, Los AngelesSchool of Architecture and Urban Planning
Los Angeles, CA United States 90024
Effluent Guidelines Div.,
- Carton, R
- Publication Date: 1974-1
- Pagination: 136 p.
- TRT Terms: Charts; Cost estimating; Costs; Economic analysis; Effluents; Estimates; Glass; Glass industry; Industrial wastes; Operating costs; Performance; Quality of work; Sewage treatment; Standards; Technology; Water pollution
- Old TRIS Terms: Capitalized costs; Industrial waste treatment; Process charting
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00091068
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA-440/1-74-001-c Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-01-1504
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM