PRELIMINARY ENGINEERING GEOLOGY STUDY GLENMONT ROUTE SECTIONS B 009, B 010 AND B 011, WASHINGTON, D.C. METRO SYSTEM
The study comprises a preliminary engineering geology evaluation of sections of Glenmont Route generally following Georgia Avenue from Silver Spring to Glenmont of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro System. It is based chiefly on 35 deep test borings made in 1973 and 1974 but includes the results of an extensive mapping of outcrops, study of aerial photography, examination of rock cores, rock compression tests and petrographic analyses. Results are presented in the form of geological sections, maps of lithological features, tables summarizing data and core photographs.
- Prepared in cooperation with Mueser-Rutledge-Wentworth and Johnston, New York, and De Leuw, Cather and Co., Washington, D.C.
Washington Metro Area Transit CommissionWashington, DC United States
Meuser, Rutledge, Wentworth, & JohnstonNew York, NY United States
De Leuw, Cather and CompanyL'Enfant Plaza North Building
Washington, DC United States
Johnston, New York.*De Leuw, Cather and Co., Inc.,
- Patton, F D
- Publication Date: 1974-7-29
- Pagination: 247 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; City planning; Excavation and tunneling; Foundation engineering; Foundations; Geological surveying; Geology; Public transit; Rock mechanics; Routes; Soil mechanics; Subways; Tunneling; Underground structures; Urban transportation
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Subsurface explorations; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Highways; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00091067
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FDP-1-74
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM