SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATIONS, SECTIONS A016A AND A017, ROCKVILLE ROUTE
Results are summarized of 21 borings made along the running track of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro system in Section A017 and the Shady Grove Yard of Section A016a generally following the line of the B and O Railroad from planned Rockville Station to Shady Grove Station in the community of Rockville, Maryland. The investigation was made as part of general plan studies in the northern portion of the Rockville Route. The report contains a continuous geological section along the centerline of outbound track, an additional section within Shady Grove Yard, logs of the group of supplementary borings, results of laboratory tests on soil samples obtained and conclusions regarding anticipated design and construction problems.
- Prepared in cooperation with DeLeuw, Cather and Co., Inc., Washington, D.C.
Meuser, Rutledge, Wentworth, & JohnstonNew York, NY United States
Washington Metro Area Transit CommissionWashington, DC United States
De Leuw, Cather and CompanyL'Enfant Plaza North Building
Washington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1974-12-23
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; City planning; Excavation and tunneling; Foundation engineering; Foundations; Geological surveying; Public transit; Rock mechanics; Routes; Soil mechanics; Subways; Tunneling; Underground structures; Urban transportation
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Subsurface explorations; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Highways; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00091065
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-74-120
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM