MECHANIZED, NON-STOP RESIDENTIAL SOLID WASTE COLLECTION
This report describes the development of a non-stop, one man, mechanized refuse collection system. It consists of a specially designed truck and container. This analysis recounts the project feasibility study, system development, and city-wide implementation of the non-stop collection system. Consideration was given to the system's impact on safety. Citizen acceptance was surveyed and analyzed. Productivity and financial data, collected and examined during the study demonstrated that this system is five times as productive as the rear loader collection system it replaced.
- See also PB-239 195.
City of Tolleson, ArizonaTolleson, AZ USA
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Solid Waste Management Programs
Washington, DC USA 20460
- Da Vee, W
- Stragier, M G
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 66 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; City planning; Containers; Cost estimating; Costs; Design; Estimates; Mechanization; Refuse; Residential areas; Safety; Solid waste disposal; Solid wastes; Trucks; Waste disposal
- Geographic Terms: Arizona
- Old TRIS Terms: Collection
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Finance; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00091060
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: G06-EC-00328
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM