PROCEEDINGS OF THE NSF/RANN CONFERENCE ON ENERGY CONSERVATION RESEARCH, HELD AT AIRLIE HOUSE, IN WARRENTON, VIRGINIA.
This report contains the proceedings of the Conference on Energy Conservation Research, held at Airlie House, Warrenton, Virginia, February 18-20, 1974. The Conference brought together NSF/RANN energy conservation research grantees and representatives of user federal agencies for an exploration of current energy conservation research. The major purposes of the Conference were to identify those research results that could have immediate application in achieving energy conservation, to assess research priorities in light of changing events and to identify potential areas for new research initiatives. Four major categories of research were discussed in workshops on (1) conservation in residential and commercial buildings; (2) conservation in the industrial sector; (3) conservation in the transportation field; and (4) cross-sector conservation studies.
National Science Foundation1800 G Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20550
Washington, DC USA 20037
- Lyday, N
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 199 p.
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Commercial buildings; Conferences; Demand; Development; Dwellings; Economic efficiency; Electric power supply; Energy; Energy conservation; Food industry; Fuel consumption; Heating; Industrial areas; Industrial buildings; Industrial plants; Meetings; Petroleum refineries; Research; Transportation; Water heaters
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency; Food processing; Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Electric power demand; Hot water heating; Proceedings; Refineries; Space heating; Transportation effects
- Subject Areas: Energy; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00091057
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSF/RA/N-74-187
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM