HYDROPLANING AND TREAD PATTERN HYDRODYNAMICS
The document presents the final report on analytical and laboratory studies directed toward the development of a set of tire performance parameters containing the aspects of tread pattern geometry which are relevant to water expulsion effectiveness. Current knowledge of the hydroplaning phenomenon is reviewed and utilized in interpreting the results of laboratory experiments designed to measure the water expulsion effectiveness of a tread pattern.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
Argonne National Laboratory9700 South Cass Avenue
Argonne, IL United States 60439
- Sinnamon, J F
- TIELKING, J T
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 132 p.
- TRT Terms: Geometric configurations and shapes; Hydroplaning; Laboratory tests; Measures of effectiveness; Pavements; Safety engineering; Testing; Tests; Tire treads; Tires; Traction; Wet weather; Wetting
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness; Patterns; Wet pavements
- Old TRIS Terms: Geometric forms; Water removal
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Pavements; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00091047
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Number 7 Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM