HSRI SIX MASS, THREE DIMENSIONAL CRASH VICTIM SIMULATOR
During the past several years, two and three-dimensional models describing the motions and forces acting on an occupant during a collision were developed and validated. The report describes a new six-mass occupant model combining existing capabilities and possessing the following new features: (1) Addition of lower legs to the three-mass model to represent their known restraint capability in frontal impact; (2) remodeling oof the vehicle interior contact surfaces to allow any shape for the force-deformation interactions between ocupant and vehicle; and (3) simplification of input and output procedures through development of a user-oriented interactive command language. The report is a completely self-contained description of the program and its use.
- Prepared in cooperation with Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association of the United States, Inc., Detroit, Mich.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48109
Motor Vehicles Manufacturers Association320 New Center Building
Detroit, MI USA 48202
- Robbins, D H
- Bennett, R O
- Bowman, B M
- Publication Date: 1973-2-1
- Pagination: 356 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Collisions; Computer graphics; Computer programs; Crash injury research; Data processing; Deformation; Drivers; Impacts; Leg; Loads; Motion; Research; Simulation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interactive graphics
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer systems programs; Leg anatomy
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00090994
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-BI-73-9 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM