HANDBOOK OF AIR POLLUTANT EMISSIONS FROM TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS
This report describes procedures for estimating the rate of air pollutant emissions from transportation systems. Emission factors and computation techniques for motor vehicles, railroad locomotives, aircraft, and waterborne vessels are presented. The major emphasis is on motor vehicle emission computations; and data on model year emission rates, control device deterioration, and vehicle speed adjustments are given. Procedures for separating cold start effects, computing evaporative emissions by source, and developing modewise emission factors are presented. TREFACT, a computer program designed to calculate motor vehicle emission factors, is described.
Argonne National LaboratoryEnergy and Environmental Systems Division, 9700 S Cass Avenue
Argonne, IL USA 60439
Illinois Institute for Environmental Quality3300 South Federal
Chicago, IL USA 60616
- Cirillo, R R
- Wolsko, T D
- Publication Date: 1973-12
- Pagination: 183 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Air pollution sources; Aircraft; Calculation; Computer programs; Computer science; Diesel locomotives; Electric locomotives; Emissions testing; Environmental impacts; Estimating; Exhaust gases; Factor analysis; Handbooks; Mathematical models; Motor vehicles; Pollutants; Railroad trains; Ships; Statistical analysis; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computation; Data; Sources
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer technology; Emission rates; Rates per time
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Design; Environment; Highways; Marine Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00090990
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ANL/ES-28 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: CN-W-31-109-ENG-38
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM