SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, SECTION C010C, HUNTINGTON STATION, HUNTINGTON ROUTE
Results are summarized of three test borings and four test pits made in the area of the planned Huntington Station of Huntington Route in Section C010C. of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro System. The work was done to obtain information relating to potential stability problems of sloped open cuts for the station and parking facilities. The report contains supplementary and revised geological sections through the new exploration, logs of the test borings and test pits, results of tests performed on samples recovered and a text summarizing the information for stability studies. The work supplements Report No. MRWJ-74-111 which presented earlier studies made at Huntington Station.
- Prepared in cooperation with De Leuw, Cather and Co., Inc., Washington, D.C.
Mueser, Rutledge, Wentworth & JohnstonNew York, NY USA
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority950 l'Enfant Plaza, SW
Washington, DC USA 20006
De Leuw, Cather and Company, Incorporated1030 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1975-1-23
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; City planning; Excavation and tunneling; Foundations; General surface features of the earth; Geological surveying; Passenger terminals; Public transit; Railroad stations; Records management; Rock mechanics; Slope stability; Soil mechanics; Soil tests; Subsoil; Subways; Transportation planning; Underground structures; Urban transportation
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Geologic sections; Subsurface explorations; Subway planning
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00090986
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-75-121, No. 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM