SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, SECTION E001, GREENBELT ROUTE
Results are summarized of four supplementary test borings made in Section E001 of Greenbelt Route of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro system near the Intersection of Florida Avenue with U Street N.W. in downtown Washington, D.C. The purpose of the exploration was to obtain additional information on the position and irregularities in the surface of decomposed rock and bedrock which is near to METRO tunnel openings. The report contains a revised geological section incorporating the borings, logs of the test borings, results of laboratory identification testing and comments on the possible character of the materials to be intersected by the tunnels. The work supplements Report No. MRWJ-74-107 which summarized previous exploration in Section E001.
- Prepared in cooperation with De Leuw, Cather and Co., Inc., Washington, D.C.
Mueser, Rutledge, Wentworth & JohnstonNew York, NY United States
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority950 l'Enfant Plaza, SW
Washington, DC United States 20006
De Leuw, Cather and Company, Incorporated1030 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 1975-2-4
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; City planning; Excavation and tunneling; Foundations; General surface features of the earth; Geological surveying; Laboratory tests; Public transit; Records management; Rock mechanics; Routes; Soil mechanics; Soil tests; Subsoil; Subways; Transportation planning; Underground structures; Urban transportation
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Geologic sections; Subsurface explorations; Subway planning; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00090985
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-75-123, No. 3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM