SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, SECTION G001, ADDISON ROUTE
Results are summarized of three supplementary test borings made for the investigation of subsoil conditions in Section G001 of Addison Route at the crossing of the planned METRO tunnels beneath the Penn Central Railroad trackage near the intersection of Benning Road and Interstate 295 of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro system. The report contains a section across the METRO tunnels which incorporates boring and laboratory test information, logs of the supplementary test borings, and a text commenting on subsurface conditions.
- Prepared in cooperation with De Leuw, Cather and Co., Inc., Washington, D.C.
Mueser, Rutledge, Wentworth & JohnstonNew York, NY USA
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority950 l'Enfant Plaza, SW
Washington, DC USA 20006
De Leuw, Cather and Company, Incorporated1030 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1975-1-30
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; City planning; Excavation and tunneling; Foundations; General surface features of the earth; Geological surveying; Laboratory tests; Public transit; Records management; Rock mechanics; Routes; Soil mechanics; Soil tests; Subsoil; Subways; Transportation planning; Underground structures; Urban transportation
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Geologic sections; Subsurface explorations; Subway planning; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00090984
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-75-124, No. 4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM