SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, SECTION A011A, POOKS HILL ROAD, ROCKVILLE ROUTE
Results are summarized of seven test borings made for the planned relocation of Pooks Hill Road near the intersection of Rockville Pike and the Capital Beltway in Section A011a of Rockville Route of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro system. The work was carried out to obtain information relating to the construction of a new road connecting with Rockville Pike. The report contains geological sections along the line of the road and logs of the test borings. The work supplements Report No. MRWJ-74-117 which summarizes the earlier exploration for Section A011.
- Prepared in cooperation with De Leuw, Cather and Co., Inc., Washington, D.C.
Mueser, Rutledge, Wentworth & JohnstonNew York, NY USA
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority950 l'Enfant Plaza, SW
Washington, DC USA 20006
De Leuw, Cather and Company, Incorporated1030 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1975-2-6
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; City planning; Excavation and tunneling; Foundations; General surface features of the earth; Geological surveying; Highways; Public transit; Records management; Relocation (Facilities); Road construction; Rock mechanics; Routes; Soil mechanics; Subways; Underground structures; Urban transportation
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Foundation investigations; Geologic sections; Subsurface explorations; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00090983
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-75-126, No. 5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM