SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, SECTION K007, VIENNA ROUTE
Results are summarized of 125 testborings and 8 test pits made for the investigation of subsoil conditions in Section K007 of Vienna Route of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro System generally between DunnLoring and Vienna Stations along Interstate I-66 west of its intersection with the Capital Beltway. The report contains geological sections along the line of the METRO construction and for a number of ancillary structures and locations surrounding the stations, logs of the supplementary test borings, results of laboratory tests on undisturbed samples, and comments on anticipated design and construction problems.
- Prepared in cooperation with De Leuw, Cather and Co., Inc., Washington, D.C.
Mueser, Rutledge, Wentworth & JohnstonNew York, NY United States
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority950 l'Enfant Plaza, SW
Washington, DC United States 20006
De Leuw, Cather and Company, Incorporated1030 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 152 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Boring; Construction; Construction projects; Excavation and tunneling; Foundations; General surface features of the earth; Geological events; Geological surveying; Laboratory tests; Public transit; Rapid transit; Records management; Rock mechanics; Routes; Soil mechanics; Soil tests; Subsoil; Subways; Transportation planning; Underground structures; Urban transportation
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Identifier Terms: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Geologic sections; Geological conditions; Subsoil analysis; Subsurface explorations; Subway construction; Subway planning; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00090981
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-75-122
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1981 12:00AM