SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, SECTION K007, VIENNA ROUTE
Results are summarized of 125 testborings and 8 test pits made for the investigation of subsoil conditions in Section K007 of Vienna Route of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro System generally between DunnLoring and Vienna Stations along Interstate I-66 west of its intersection with the Capital Beltway. The report contains geological sections along the line of the METRO construction and for a number of ancillary structures and locations surrounding the stations, logs of the supplementary test borings, results of laboratory tests on undisturbed samples, and comments on anticipated design and construction problems.
- Prepared in cooperation with De Leuw, Cather and Co., Inc., Washington, D.C.
Mueser, Rutledge, Wentworth & JohnstonNew York, NY USA
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority950 l'Enfant Plaza, SW
Washington, DC USA 20006
De Leuw, Cather and Company, Incorporated1030 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 152 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Boring; Construction; Construction projects; Excavation and tunneling; Foundations; General surface features of the earth; Geological events; Geological surveying; Laboratory tests; Public transit; Rapid transit; Records management; Rock mechanics; Routes; Soil mechanics; Soil tests; Subsoil; Subways; Transportation planning; Underground structures; Urban transportation
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Identifier Terms: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Geologic sections; Geological conditions; Subsoil analysis; Subsurface explorations; Subway construction; Subway planning; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00090981
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-75-122
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1981 12:00AM