AN ECONOMIC OVERVIEW OF THE CONSOLIDATED RAIL CORPORATION
The study identifies the principal problems to be overcome by ConRail if it is to become a self-sustaining operation, and the opportunities to improve rail service and earnings. Included in the study are recommendations for achieving profitability. Portions of this document are not fully legible.
Reebie (Robert) and Associates, Incorporated200 Railroad Avenue
Greenwich, CT USA 06830
United States Railway Association2100 2nd Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20595
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Pagination: 75 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Bankruptcy; Consolidations; Economic analysis; Finance; Forecasting; Freight transportation; Industries; Industry structure; Marketing; Profitability; Profits; Railroad transportation; Railroads
- Identifier Terms: Conrail
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Economic studies; Regional rail reorganization act
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00090959
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: USRA/R-003 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: USRA-50003
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM