LOCAL GOVERNMENT FINANCE IN THE MILWAUKEE SMSA. VOLUME II. SPECIAL STUDIES IN MUNICIPAL FINANCE
This report presents four special studies. The first attempts to construct a functional finance model of the local public economy--basic guidelines are set forth concerning which level of government should be responsible for which services; fundamentally different approaches to financing public services are highlighted; and sixteen major public services are analyzed vis-a-vis the guidelines. The second deals with a substantive reform of the real property tax, while the third examines the financing of sewer services in Milwaukee in terms of economic principles. The fourth is concerned with financing public services provided for motor vehicle owners and users.
- See also Part 1 dated 1974, PB-233 053.
Milwaukee Urban Observatory,
Department of Housing and Urban Development451 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20410
- Becher, A P
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 123 p.
- TRT Terms: Drivers; Financial responsibility; Financing; Guidelines; Level of service; Local government; Mathematical models; Metropolitan areas; Property taxes; Public works; Real property; Sewage disposal
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models; Municipal services; Services
- Old TRIS Terms: Standard metropolitan statistical area
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Law; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00090944
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UO-LCCM-MIL-74-012-2Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-H-987
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM