ROUTING OF SOLID WASTE COLLECTION VEHICLES. APPENDIX A: MANUAL FOR USE OF THE COMPUTER CODES
This report describes research on computer-based and manual techniques for the routing of solid waste collection vehicles. Algorithms are given for the routing of single vehicles under three conditions: (1) all streets are two way, (2) all streets are one way, and (3) some streets are two way and others are one way. In addition, a heuristic algorithm is provided for routing several vehicles in a larger area. Appendix A is a manual for use of the computer codes. Appendix B (separately bound) is a heuristic solution to the m-postmen's solution.
- Paper copy also available in set of 4 reports as PB-239 895-SET, PC$16.00.
University of Illinois, Urbana-ChampaignUrbana, IL United States 61801
National Environmental Research CenterSolid and Hazardous Waste Research Laboratory
Cincinnati, OH United States
- Liebman, J C
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Pagination: 67 p.
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; City planning; Freight handling; Heuristic methods; Linear programming; Management; Numerical analysis; Planning; Routing; Solid waste disposal; Traffic regulations; Transportation; Trucks; Waste disposal
- Identifier Terms: Chinese postman problem
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hauling
- Old TRIS Terms: Collection; Management planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00090941
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-R-801289
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM