AN OVERVIEW OF EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY
An interim planning document is presented in which problems are defined, working assumptions about system design are articulated, and an ordered set of planning tasks are described. The report includes sections on policies and practices; inventory of facilities and services; perceptions of users and providers; impressions and issues regarding system description and documentation; training programs; and a publication 'A Socio-technical Approach to Planning of Emergency Medical Services'. The approximately 190 hospital emergency departments in Los Angeles County receive an estimated 2,400,000 visits a year. The county encompasses 4083 sq mi, has over 7,000,000 people in 78 cities plus additional urban, rural, beach, mountain and desert areas. Transportation and varying levels of medical services are provided by 29 private ambulance companies, 51 mobile intensive care units and 350 county and city rescue vehicles. Implementation of planning will be the responsibility of each agency involved in the countywide EMS system.
- Sponsored in part by Health Resources Administration, Rockville, Md. Div. of Regional Medical Programs.
Los Angeles Countywide Coord Coun on Emer Med ServLos Angeles, CA United States
Health Resources AdministrationDivision of Regional Medical Programs
Rockville, MD United States
California Regional Medical ProgramOakland, CA United States
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Pagination: 191 p.
- TRT Terms: Disasters and emergency operations; Emergency vehicles; Facilities; Hazards and emergency operations; Medical services; Planning; Policy; Portable equipment; Systems engineering; Training programs; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Mobile equipment
- Geographic Terms: California
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00090927
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM