PROCEEDINGS OF THE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON REMOTE SENSING OF ENVIRONMENT (9TH), HELD AT ANN ARBOR, MICHIGAN ON 15-19 APRIL, 1974. VOLUME I
A partial listing of topic areas includes: Some features of the urban environment of Tokyo by remote sensing; An examination of the extent of fire in the grassland and Savanna of Africa along the southern side of the Sahara; Environmental studies of Iceland with ERTS-1 imagery; A method of specifying remotely sensed units for soil sample points; Geologic interpretation of ERTS-1 satellite images for east Aswan area, Egypt; Geologic interpretation of ERTS-1 satellite images for west Aswan area, Egypt; Classification and mapping of coal refuse, vegetative cover types, and forest types by digital processing ERTS-1 data; A remote sensing study of Pacific Hurricane AVA; Extraction of urban land cover data from multiplexed synthetic aperture radar imagery; Land-use planning aided by computer cellular modelling/mapping system to combine remote sensing, natural resources, social and economic data; Investigation of radar discrimination of sea ice; Remote measurement of atmospheric temperatures by Raman lidar; Design concepts for land use and natural resource inventories and information systems; The use of remote sensing and natural indicators to delineate floodplains; Remote detection of soil surface moisture.
- See also Volume 2, AD-A008 468.
Environmental Research Institute of Michigan3300 Plymouth Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48107
Air Force Office of Scientific ResearchBolling AFB
Washington, DC United States 20332
- Cook, J J
- Publication Date: 1974-4-19
- Pagination: 781 p.
- TRT Terms: Artificial satellites; Atmosphere; Environment; Flood plains; Floods; Forests; Geological surveying; Hurricanes; Land use; Land use planning; Meetings; Monitoring; Planning; Population; Remote sensing; Sea ice; Soils; Transportation; Urban areas; Vegetation; Water resources
- Identifier Terms: Earth Resources Technology Satellite
- Geographic Terms: Africa; Egypt; Iceland; Japan; South Dakota; Thailand
- Old TRIS Terms: Geologic investigations; Urban atmospheres
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00090892
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: AF-AFOSR-74-2722
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM