USRA YARD CLASSIFICATION PLANNING PROJECT. SUMMARY. MAXIMUM THROUGHPUT AND ASSOCIATED EXPENDITURES IN HIGH PRIORITY YARDS
The study analyzed selected yard operations, including handling of inbound/outbound trains, interchange and transfers, line planning procedures and operating and managerial controls. The contractor proposed the maximum throughout of road cars for each of several terminals and yards premised upon 'reasonable' upgrade and expansion of existing facilities.
Hines (RL) Associates, Incorporated1030 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC USA
United States Railway Association2100 2nd Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20595
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Expenditures; Finance; Interchanges; Optimization; Railroad cars; Railroad terminals; Railroad transportation; Railroads; Scheduling; Traffic surveys; Transportation operations; Yard operations
- Identifier Terms: Conrail
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management; Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Operating strategies; Yard capacity; Yard throughput
- Subject Areas: Finance; Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00090886
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: USRA-50043
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM