SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, SECTION A006, CHILLER PLANT, ROCKVILLE ROUTE
Results were presented of two test borings made on the grounds of the Zoological Park east of Connecticut Avenue at Jewett Street N.W. in Section A006 of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro System, at the location of a planned chiller plant facility serving Rockville Route subway structures. The report contains logs of the two borings and comments regarding anticipated design and construction problems.
- Sponsored in part by Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, D.C. Prepared in cooperation with DeLeuw, Cather and Co., Washington, D.C.
Meuser, Rutledge, Wentworth, & JohnstonNew York, NY United States
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority950 l'Enfant Plaza, SW
Washington, DC United States 20006
De Leuw, Cather and CompanyL'Enfant Plaza North Building
Washington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; City planning; Construction; Excavation and tunneling; Foundations; Geological surveying; Public transit; Rock mechanics; Routes; Soil mechanics; Subways; Tunneling; Underground structures; Urban transportation
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Subsurface explorations; Subway construction; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Geotechnology; Highways; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00090871
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-75-128
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM