THE EVALUATION OF POLICY-RELATED RESEARCH IN EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES: VOLUME I. A SELECTED AND CRITICAL ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY
The purpose of this 12-month study was to review the research in emergency medical services and to systematically evaluate the usefulness of such research for policy-making. The purpose of this annotated bibliography is to provide an assessment and critical review of policy-related studies and research which have been undertaken in the field of emergency medical services. It concentrates on research items completed from 1968 to the present and excludes research of a clinical nature other than that which deal with basic resuscitation and maintenance of life. The bibliography emphasizes research materials in transportation, and EMS planning, system models and performance measures. Additional areas such as the hospital emergency department and pre-hospital care are covered but they are not exhaustive and do not represent a clear sample of the available literature on these topics. The bibliography contains 322 citations.
- Paper copy also available in set of 4 reports as PB-240 777-SET, PC$22.00.
University of Tennessee, KnoxvilleBureau of Public Administration
Knoxville, TN United States 37916
National Science FoundationAdvanced Productivity Research and Technology Division
Washington, DC United States 20550
- Plaas, H
- Didson, D C
- King, H
- Pike, D H
- Shipley, F B
- Publication Date: 1974-8-30
- Pagination: 455 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Communication; Disasters and emergency operations; Economics; Education; Hazards and emergency operations; Helicopters; Hospitals; Medical services; Policy; Regional planning; Research; Systems analysis; Transportation; Transportation policy
- Old TRIS Terms: Communicating
- Subject Areas: Economics; Policy; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00090850
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NSF-GI-39338
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM