REVIEW AND BIBLIOGRAPHY OF SECONDARY IMPACTS OF MAJOR INVESTMENTS: HIGHWAYS, MASS TRANSIT, INTERCEPTOR SEWERS
The report presents a bibliography of secondary impacts of public investments in four sections: A review organized according to type of investment (highways, mass transit, wastewater) and to type of effect (economic, social, land use), including a brief summary of modeling techniques which may be used to analyze and project impacts; a condensation of the findings of 50 major studies; an annotated bibliography of 300 relevant studies; and classification of the literature by impact, investment type, geographic area examined, type of study, and type of analytic technique used in assessing secondary impacts.
Environmental Impact Center, Incorporated67 Chapel
Newton, MA United States 02158
Council on Environmental Quality722 Jackson Place, NW
Washington, DC United States 20006
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Pagination: 282 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; City planning; Communities; Dwellings; Economic analysis; Economic development; Economic impacts; Financing; Government funding; Highways; Investments; Land use; Mathematical models; Policy; Present value; Public transit; Rapid transit; Sewers; Social factors; Social impacts; Socioeconomic factors; Transportation planning; Urban development; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Industrial development; Value
- Old TRIS Terms: Business acceleration; Government policies; Land use effects
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00090848
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EQC-317t
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1981 12:00AM