DISCRIMINANT ANALYSIS APPLIED TO COMMODITY SHIPMENTS IN THE ARKANSAS RIVER AREA
The report contains a survey of shipments utilizing the McCellan Kerr Arkansas-Verdigris Waterway and competing modes during 1971. Data on annual shipment quantity, usage shipment quantity, handling cost, tariff on each shipment, and transit time for origin to destination were analyzed by discriminant analysis. A demand schedule for water way traffic is estimated, reflecting the influence of competing modes.
- Prepared by Army Engineer Div. Southwestern, Dallas, Tex.
Institute for Water ResourcesU.S. Army Corps of Engineers, 7701 Telegraph Road
Alexandria, VA United States 22315-3868
Army Engineer DivisionSouthwestern
Dallas, TX United States
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Commodities; Discriminant analysis; Economic analysis; Freight transportation; Inland waterways; Policy; Statistics; Water traffic; Water transportation
- Geographic Terms: Arkansas; Oklahoma
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk materials; Discriminate analysis; Government policies
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00090840
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: IWR-RR-74-R2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM