SUPPORT DETERMINATION METHODS
The Bureau of Mines acting as agent for the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA), managed a program in Rock Mechanics and Rapid Excavation. The portion of the program assigned to the Spokane Mining Research Center (SMRC) concerned analytical and empirical techniques for ground support with emphasis upon: case history studies, instrumentation, evaluation and development, theoretical modeling of medium and structure interaction, and field studies. No work was done by SMRC in field studies. SMRC in-house and contract work performed under case history studies covered research areas of finding means of predicting rock loads, and developing the methodology for determining rock loads.
Bureau of MinesSpokane Mining Research Center
Spokane, WA United States 99207
Advanced Research Projects Agency3701 North Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA United States 22203-1714
- Skinner, E H
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Excavation; Forecasting; Foundations; Fracture mechanics; Instrumentation; Loads; Mathematical models; Methodology; Mining engineering; Rock excavation; Rock mechanics; Rocks; Structural design; Structural supports; Tunneling; Tunnels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models; Tunnel design
- Old TRIS Terms: Foundations structures; Rapid excavation; Supports
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00090839
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: P89-2B Techn Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: ARPA Order 1579
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM