RECOMMENDED VEHICLE CONCEPTS FOR WATERJET PROPELLED HIGH-PERFORMANCE VEHICLES
A rapid method is developed for providing first order estimates of the smooth water powering and weight characteristics of SES, hydrofoil, and planing craft concepts employing waterjet propulsors. A computer program utilizing this method and applicable to SES concepts is included.
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterShip Performance Department
Bethesda, MD United States 20084
- Ravenscroft, LTJ
- Mathis, P B
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Pagination: 56 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Drag; Energy consumption; Evaluation and assessment; High performance surface ships; Hydraulic jetting; Hydrofoil boats; Hydroplanes; Jet engines; Jet propelled aircraft; Lift drag ratio; Planing hulls; Skin friction; Surface effect ships; Waterjet propelled craft
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Old TRIS Terms: High performance ship evaluation; Hydraulic jets; Hydrofoil craft; Lift to drag ratio; Marine surface propulsion; Planing surfaces; Power requirement; Waterjet propulsion
- Subject Areas: Energy; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00090818
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SPD-572-01 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM