REVIEW OF CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT AND METHODS FOR PAVEMENTS
The investigation reported herein was conducted to review methods and equipment being used by industry in the construction of pavements and to recommend changes to Corps of Engineers guide specifications to incorporate new methods and equipment. Literature reviews were conducted, and visits were made to construction sites and equipment manufacturers. Observations and measurements were taken on pavements constructed with slip-form pavers, and a separate report was written on the results. As a result of the overall investigation, the pertinent guide specifications will be revised to allow the use of slip-form pavers for portland cement concrete pavements in airfield construction and to add methods of testing for quality of mixture and for determining mixing times.
Assistant Secretary of the NavyInstallations and Logistics
Washington, DC USA
- Rone, C L
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport runways; Asphalt; Bituminous coatings; Cement; Concrete; Concrete pavements; Construction; Construction equipment; Construction management; Landing fields; Mixing; Mixtures; Pavements; Paving; Portland cement concrete; Reviews; Slip form paving; Specifications
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Pavements; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00090801
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AEWS-Misc-Paper-S751Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM