EVALUATION OF EXPERIMENTAL POLYURETHANE-COATED MEMBRANES
This report describes an investigation conducted for the development of an improved flexible prefabricated membrane surfacing suitable as an expedient dustproofing and waterproofing medium for soil subgrades used as forward-area airfields and road surfacings. This was accomplished by means of: laboratory tests of PUC membranes, adhesives, and nonskid compounds to determine physical properties, and skid tests simulating C-130 braking action on nonskidcoated PUC membranes placed on a soil subgrade to determine skid resistance and durability.
U.S. Army Waterways Experiment Station3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, MS USA 39180-6199
- Vollor, T W
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 67 p.
- TRT Terms: Adhesives; Airport runways; Airports; Coatings; Dust control; Landing fields; Pavements; Polyurethane resins; Skid resistance; Skidding; Transport aircraft; Waterproofing; Waterproofing materials
- Uncontrolled Terms: Membranes
- Old TRIS Terms: Membranes (Biology); Nonskid materials
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00090799
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AEWES-TR-S-75-1 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM