DESIGN OF A 9-INCH CYCLOIDAL PROPELLER MODEL UNIT AND SOME EXPERIMENTAL RESULTS
This report presents a description of the 9-inch orbit diameter cycloidal (vertical axis) propeller model unit, designed and built at the Naval Ship Research and Development Center. A portion of the results from early experimental investigations obtained by means of this propeller model unit using six, three, and two blades is also presented. The investigations were conducted in open water and included cycloidal and modified cycloidal blade motions. The tests were carried out at constant rpm of 300,400,500, and 600, respectively. The speed of advance varied from zero to above the speed for zero thrust.
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterBethesda, MD United States 20084
- Nakonechny, B V
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Cycloidal propellers; Open water tests; Performance; Pitch (Dynamics); Propellers; Thrust; Torque
- Uncontrolled Terms: Experimental design; Model tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Marine propellers; Performance engineering; Vertical axis propellers
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00090762
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSRDC-3150, SF013-07-10
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 2003 12:00AM