EXPANDED USAGE OF TUG BARGE TRANSPORTATION
The report highlights the history and use of tugs and barges and compares the conventional ships with today's combination units. An economics study reveals the benefits of the unit vessels over the other modes of water carriers.
- Kings Point Scholar Series rept.
United States Merchant Marine AcademyKings Point, NY United States 11024
National Maritime Research Center, Kings PointKings Point, NY United States 11024
- Kazusky, T S
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 101 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Economics; History; Links (Networks); Regulations; Transportation; Tug ship interaction; Tugboats; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Linkages
- Old TRIS Terms: Tug barge economics; Tug barge operations; Waterway transportation
- Subject Areas: Economics; History; Law; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00090748
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM