AN EVALUATION OF THE FRACTURE OF PLAIN CONCRETE, FIBROUS CONCRETE, AND MORTAR USING THE SCANNING ELECTRON MICROSCOPE
The fracture surfaces of both plain and fiber-reinforced mortar and concrete are analyzed using the scanning electron microscope (SEM). Proper sample preparation techniques for SEM examination of mortar and concrete are discussed. Fracture surfaces of samples braken in splitting tensile, flexure, and compression tests are compared using SEM photomicrographs. Micromechanisms of failure are discussed for the different lists for samples cured 7, 14, 21, and 28 days.
- Report on Characterization of Fracture of Engineering Materials.
Army Construction Engineering Research LaboratoryP.O. Box 4005
Champaign, IL USA 61820
- Aleszka, J
- Schnittgrund, G
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 67 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete tests; Construction management; Electron microscopes; Fiber reinforced concrete; Flexural strength; Fracture mechanics; Mortar; Tension tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fracture
- Old TRIS Terms: Construction operations; Tensile test
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00090706
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CERL-TR-M-122 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 10 1975 12:00AM