REINFORCED CONCRETE ON CONSTITUTIVE RELATIONS
A mathematical model of reinforced concrete is derived from stress/strain relations of reinforcing steel and plain concrete, and from considering slip in bond between them. The stress/strain relations are nonlinear due to inelasticity of the concrete and steel and to cracking. They are presented in the form of a variable modulus model for use in a finite-element code. The stress/strain relations for plain concrete are based on experimental data obtained under uniaxial, biaxial and triaxial states of stress. Additional laboratory experiments were performed under this contract to investigate the bond-slip relation in tension and in compression. Unitil cracking occurs, properties of the model depend on the entire stiffness of steel and concrete. After cracking, a composite modulus is used which reflects the combined stiffness of steel and concrete and takes into account the extent to which bond between steel and concrete is broken. This model is incorporated in a dynamic inelastic finite-element code and is used to analyze reinforced concrete members such as beams subjected to static and dynamic loading.
Agbabian Associates250 North Nash Street
El Segundo, CA USA 90245
Air Force Weapons LaboratoryAir Force Systems Command
Kirtland AFB, NM USA 87117
Defense Nuclear Agency6801 Telegraph Road
Alexandria, VA USA 22310
- Adham, S
- Bhaumik, A
- Tsenberg, J
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 358 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Bonding; Compressive strength; Computer programs; Cracking; Deformation curve; Finite element method; Inelastic stress; Laboratory tests; Mathematical models; Nonlinear systems; Reinforced concrete; Reinforcing steel; Slip (Fluid mechanics); Stiffness; Tensile properties
- Uncontrolled Terms: Compressive properties; Crack propagation; Inelastic action; Nonlinearity; Slips
- Old TRIS Terms: Beams (Structural)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00090695
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: F29601-73-C-0070
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM