FRACTURE OF FIBER-REINFORCED BEAMS DUE TO IMPACT LOADING
Experimental studies were made on the dynamic failure of graphite/epoxy fiber reinforced beams of three different angle ply laminates. The cantilevered beam specimens were impacted with tip velocities ranging from 1 ft/sec to 20 ft/sec. Various aspects of the failure of the different types of beams were noted.
University of Texas, AustinCockrell Hall
Austin, TX United States 78712
Ballistic Research LaboratoryAberdeen Proving Ground
Aberdeen, MD United States
- Yew, C H
- Benedict, B K
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Carbon fibers; Epoxy resins; Failure; Fiber composites; Fibers; Fracture mechanics; Graphite; Impact tests; Impacts; Loads
- Old TRIS Terms: Beams (Structural)
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Research;
- Accession Number: 00090694
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DAAD05-73-C-0024
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM