FRACTURE OF FIBER-REINFORCED BEAMS DUE TO IMPACT LOADING
Experimental studies were made on the dynamic failure of graphite/epoxy fiber reinforced beams of three different angle ply laminates. The cantilevered beam specimens were impacted with tip velocities ranging from 1 ft/sec to 20 ft/sec. Various aspects of the failure of the different types of beams were noted.
University of Texas, AustinCockrell Hall
Austin, TX USA 78712
Ballistic Research LaboratoryAberdeen Proving Ground
Aberdeen, MD USA
- Yew, C H
- Benedict, B K
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Carbon fibers; Epoxy resins; Failure; Fiber composites; Fibers; Fracture mechanics; Graphite; Impact tests; Impacts; Loads
- Old TRIS Terms: Beams (Structural)
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Research;
- Accession Number: 00090694
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DAAD05-73-C-0024
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM