ADVANCED AIR TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT SYSTEM STUDY-TECHNICAL SUMMARY
This report summarizes the U.S. Department of Transportation study and development plans for the air traffic management system of the late 1980's and beyond. The plans are presented in the framework of an evolutionary system concept of traffic management, building upon the Upgraded Third Generation Air Traffic Control System, and defined to meet the projected demands for service, safety, and flexibility in a cost effective manner. In order to provide the information needed for planning future system developments, a program of research and development is described for the system concept presented in the report.
- See also PB-238 779.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 213 p.
- TRT Terms: Advanced automation system (Air traffic control); Air traffic control; Airport surface traffic control; Aviation safety; Cost effectiveness; Development; Level of service; Management; Modernization; Navigational satellites; Planning; Radar beacons; Research; Satellite navigation systems; Terminal air traffic control; Transportation operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft safety; Research and development; Service; Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Ground controlled approach radar; Management planning; Projection; Upgraded third generation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Research;
- Accession Number: 00090657
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-75-6 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1975 12:00AM