MARINE POLLUTION ABATEMENT--LAWS, PROBLEMS, AND COMMENTARY CONCERNING LARGE VESSELS
The paper provides an overview of the contribution of the marine transportation industry to the problem of environmental pollution by defining the scope of the problem, reviewing legislation which is designed to control the problem, and examining methods and rationales for determining reasonable time-phasing for compliance. Specific recommendations are made and conclusions drawn which are directed at both government and industry.
- Presented at New York Met. Section of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Fulton, R P
- Publication Date: 1971-10
- TRT Terms: Environment; Oceans; Pollution; Pollution control; Regulation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Marine environment
- Old TRIS Terms: Pollution abatement measures
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00019645
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 25 1972 12:00AM