THE INFLUENCE OF TIRE PROPERTIES ON PASSENGER VEHICLE HANDLING. VOLUME IV. APPENDICES F - H
The objectives of the research were (1) to identify the properties of tires that affect vehicle dynamic response and to describe those effects in quantitative terms, and (2) to evaluate the degree to which the various tire parameters affect vehicle dynamic response and to assess their relative importance. The study involved: (1) laboratory tire test to measure the performance (braking and lateral force coefficients, aligning and overturning moments, etc.) on selected tires with specified construction properties, (2) vehicle test in which the effects of tires with different properties were measured on four cars using nine wet and dry test maneuvers and (3) a fundamental vehicle simulation study designed to determine the effect of individual tire parameters on the various vehicle performance.
- See also PB-239 217.
Calspan Corporation4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY United States 14225
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 528 p.
- TRT Terms: Alignment; Braking; Dynamic loads; Maneuverability; Passenger vehicles; Performance; Skid resistance; Testing; Tires; Vehicle dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicle responses
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00090654
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CALSPAN-ZM-5350-K-4 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-053-3-727
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 10 1975 12:00AM