PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF NEW GENERATION 50TH PERCENTILE ANTHROPOMORPHIC TEST DEVICES - VOLUME II - ACCELERATOR SLED TEST DATA
Four sled test configurations were employed to evaluate the dynamic performance repeatability of the GM 50X dummy. Type 2 belt, pre-inflated air bag, energy absorbing steering column, and Type 1 belt with simulated instrument panel test environments were utilized to measure the performance of two identically fabricated dummies. The graphical results of a statistical analysis are presented. In addition, graphical results of the energy absorbing steering column and simulated instrument panel tests of the GM 50X dummies are presented in raw form.
- See also Volume 1, PB-240 920.
Calspan Corporation4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY United States 14225
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Massing, D E
- Naab, K N
- Yates, P E
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 569 p.
- TRT Terms: Air bags; Anthropometry; Dummies; Energy absorbing materials; Evaluation; Manual safety belts; Motor vehicles; Performance tests; Reliability; Rocket sleds; Safety equipment; Statistical analysis; Steering wheels; Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy absorbers; Rocket propelled sleds; Sleds
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00090644
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CALSPAN-ZS-5352-V-3
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-053-3-664
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 10 1975 12:00AM