PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF NEW GENERATION 50TH PERCENTILE ANTHROPOMORPHIC TEST DEVICES. VOLUME I. TECHNICAL REPORT
Two new generation anthropomorphic test dummies developed and designated as the GM-50X were experimentally evaluated to (1) determine the degree of conformance to the specifications contained in the 'Purchase Description of the NHTSA 50th Percentile Anthropomorphic Test Dummy' and (2) establish by sled testing in typical restraint and crash environments their potential for experimental repeatability. A series of eleven static and dynamic component tests were performed to measure the GM-50X dummies in accordance with the purchase description; the results indicate substantial non-conformance with the specified criteria.
Calspan Corporation4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY USA 14225
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Massing, D E
- Naab, K N
- Yates, P E
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 240 p.
- TRT Terms: Anthropometry; Automobiles; Collisions; Crash injury research; Dummies; Dynamic tests; Impact tests; Manual safety belts; Performance; Reliability; Research; Rocket sleds; Safety engineering; Safety equipment; Specifications; Testing
- Old TRIS Terms: Rocket propelled sleds
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00090632
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CALSPAN-ZS-5352-V-2 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: HS-053-3-664
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 10 1975 12:00AM